April 2014

April 2014

9.22.2008

"Nukie's Awake! Nukie's Awake!"

Kurt is really sad if he wakes up before Luke does from naps. He always asks, “Where’s Nuke?” But he gets soooo excited when he hears Luke wake up. Today was especially cute. So I thought I’d share another story of our 2 boys and their already close bond.

Kurt and I were in the play room when he heard Luke babbling. Kurt looked up at me with big eyes of excitement – “Nukie’s awake!” As soon as I gave him the okay ( just a nod yes), he took off for our bedroom (which was where Luke had been sleeping this afternoon). Kurt climbed up onto our bed screaming “Nukie, Nukie, Nukie” the entire time. “You’re awake!” Before he made it over to Luke, he found his Lion toy. “Ooh, Nuke, look at this. Watch 'is (if you push a button on his back, his legs move and his mouth opens). It’s okay, I not scarey you. Look.” And Luke was all eyes and smiles for his big brother.

It is so sweet to me how much they love each other already. Kurt loves to get Luke toys and trade him toys when Luke has one of “his” toys. Kurt has also started reading him stories. I am glad he is sharing his love of reading with his brother.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

That is SO sweet! There's nothing sweeter then watching your kids love each other. What lucky brothers to have each other.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

very sweet! now if only we can figure out how to have our kids continue this love and bond when they are teeenagers! izy does the same thing w/ ady.