April 2014

April 2014

3.01.2009

"One Small Step for Man..."

While Luke took his first step 2 month ago, he hasn't really walked anywhere yet. Today, he woke up from his nap before Kurt so we went downstairs to play. When Kurt woke up, he just started playing in his room. So I called up to him to tell him that we were downstairs. Kurt came running out of his room and started down the stairs and called out, "Mommy?"

As soon as Luke heard Kurt's voice, I swear he said "Brother" in some little baby talk way. Then stood up (from my lap) and very excitedly walked 8 steps to the doorway so he could find his brother.

I was able to get some good footage on our video camera of some more walking after that. I think the record was 12 steps. But since I don't know how (and have never taken the time to learn) to transfer video from that to the computer, I tried to get some more just on the digital camera. He wasn't really in the mood and I couldn't keep him motivated anymore for marshmallows.

He's still not walking a ton - crawling is faster (and in his mind I'm sure safer). But he does venture off every now and again.

0 comments: