Kurt was telling Opa what he learned in primary class today. He learned about service and about missionaries and being a missionary. Opa asked him where he was going on his mission and he said, "I don't know (then thinking), maybe California." Then he continued and said, "Maybe I'll find the one I'll love on my misison."
A bit later I asked him why he thought he'd meet the girl he'd love on his mission, and he got embarrassed and didn't want to talk about it. I told him that he didn't need to be embarrassed. I said it was okay to think about the girl he was going to love someday, but that he didn't need to worry about her now.
Then he looked up at me and said, "Mom, can I be your wife? I mean, can you be my wife?" I tried not to laugh, and asked him why he wanted me to be his wife and he said it was because he loved me so much.
Then he said, but then Daddy won't have a wife anymore. I agreed and told him that maybe it was better that I just be his Mommy. He thought that was a good idea and told me he could come to visit me. We agreed that was a good plan.



0 comments:
Post a Comment