April 2014

April 2014

12.18.2008

Shabu Shabu

Thanks to some wonderful friends (who babysat for us), Brandon and I were able to go out and celebrate our 5th anniversary. We chose a restaurant called Formosa and had shabu shabu - Asian style fondue. It was fun to go out first of all, but second, to enjoy something new.

So here's to some of our "first's" in our first 5 years - 1st kiss, 1st stroll on a real beach, 1st heart surgery, 1st turtle, 1st trip to disneyland, 1st kid (and 2nd...), 1st Broadway show (and trip to NY), 1st house (if renting counts), 1st "new" car, 1st shabu shabu, 1st Christmas tree (even if some feel a fake tree isn't a tree) and Christmas at our home, and countless other memories and special moments. I can't wait to see what other "first's"the next 5 have in store - I'm so glad I get to share them with you.

I love you (biggest) most.

8 comments:

Kristina said...

I've never taken a picture of the odd food things we've eaten at Japanese restaurants, and maybe that's a good thing - this looks a little like a sock in the laundry... but I've seen (and eaten) scarier.

Congratulations on 5 years! We sure had great time getting to know you at the Smith's, and now I realize we have so much more to learn.

Kristina

Laura Jansson said...

Congratulations on 5 years! I've never heard of Shabu Shabu... glad you got to have fun celebrating without the kids! That's always nice ;)

daegan said...

happy anniversary! cool beans. i also answered your questions on my comments... so you'll have to take a look.

Jennifer Brammer said...

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary! That is so fun!

Hubers said...

Happy Anniversary!!

P.S. That looks disgusting!

Emma said...

was it good?! it looks a little iffy to me! :]

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 5 years! Glad we got to experience some of your firsts...visiting you in new york and JD winning the $25 wicked tixs on his birthday! that was a fun trip! miss you guys.

LizzieB said...

Yes, it looks gross in that picture, but yes, it was good. They slice the meat thin so it cooks faster. Think of it like a slice of bacon cooking in a hot "soup" of your choice. Ours were actually wrapped up roll style too so we didn't get the sock image. :)