April 2014

April 2014

11.06.2008

Pumpkin Pie-lettes

We, no I, made pumpkin pie from scratch last week (Shocker, I forgot to take pictures). I got 2 9 inch pies and probably couldn't made one more, but I wasn't sure how much filling I had left. So last night I used what was left to make pie-lettes in a cupcake pan. Homemade (no, I didn't milk the cow) whipped cream and cinnamon topped them off for a perfect little dessert.

And yes, they taste so much better than "pumpkin" from a can. I learned that most of the time, those cans aren't even pumpkin - it's all and any squash. So, when you run out of time at Thanksgiving and make your pie from the can, just know that it's really butternut or acorn pie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i had no idea it wasn't pumpkin in that falsely advertised can, but those little treats look delicious! nice work!

Janessa said...

You have been a busy blogger! Your yummy treats look delish! I'm going to have to try some of them. You are so Martha Stewart! I'm very impressed. Glad you had a fun Halloween. I love the hula dancer! You or Brandon should have worn it to the ward Halloween party:) You'd have won some kind of prize, for sure!

Hubers said...

Yep. You're amazing. Just trust that you're eating butternut squash and the likes anytime you're at my house!

mammarue said...

lindsey, you are so amazing. such a good mommy.