Every year since I can remember (until there were too many of us), my grandma would make each family a gingerbread house for us to decorate after we ate our Thanksgiving feast. Then, my family would also make individual ones out of graham crackers. I loved doing this every year and have tried to do the same for our family. Brandon can attest that the last 2 years have been pretty disastrous - burned gingerbread, cutting it out wrong, bad frosting (I don't have the kitchen-aid power to make that royal icing), houses that can't stand up, crooked houses, etc. So, this year I caved and bought one of the premade houses so we could just decorate it. I was disappointed by the contents - the house was TINY. The house was crooked. The house had no chimney. But, all I had to do was take it out of the box. So, here are the few pictures I managed to take while we decorated. And, the anti-climatic final product...
Kurt looking excited to start...
Kurt looking excited to start...
Kurt stealing candy. This is pretty much what he did the whole time.
Kurt decorating
TA DA! :) I do have to say though that I am proud of my peanut brittle roof (the store I was at didn't have neccos...)
Kurt has already stolen the wafer cookie windows. I guess this house is too tempting.



1 comments:
yeah, i haven't figured out the secret to a good ginger bread house? mine always fall apart. yours look really awesome! what a great family tradition:)
Post a Comment