After much anticipation, Luke William Bascom is here! He was born April 5, 2008 at 11:42 a.m. He weighed in at 9 lbs, 5.2 oz, and was measured at 21.5 inches tall. Lindsey had a C section, and is recovering, though a little sore. We went to the hospital at 8:00, so it took under 4 hours, which is much faster than the 3 day fiasco with the inducing when Kurt was born. Lindsey did very well. The doctors didn't feel Luke was dropping fast enough, and his face was up, and they couldn't get him to turn. And they also knew we had a sonogram that estimated his weight at 9 lbs. 9 ounces, so all things considered, they elected to do the C section. We were surprised at how quickly it went. Luke has long fingers and toes. Luke can already hold his head up while pushing with his arms. He has blue eyes, and his hair looks like it is going to be blonde. Kurt says baby! over and over again, and calls him Nuke! He is having trouble with his L's. We are sure glad he is hear, and that he is healthy. Now on to the next adventure!
4.06.2008
Luke is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
YEAAAAAA!!!!!!! Congratulations you guys! Lins, let me know if you want me to do a baby announcement card for you! It would be my pleasure and honor! I'll even mail them out for you if you give me a list of names and addresses (since I know that can be the last thing you'll feel like doing with this new cutie around!) Love you guys tons and glad you're doing well. Were you scared that they had to do a csection?! Miss ya tons!
whoo hoo. we're so happy for you guys. what a cute lil' family you have!
Congrats!! We are so happy for you guys. I hope Lindsey is doing well. Let us know if we can help.
Welcome Nuke!! (Can I just say that is a fabulous nickname for a boy!!)
Congratulations Lindsey! Wow...2 boys. That's fantastic. What a big guy. I'm impressed:)
Hope all is well. We are still out here in Boston, just getting ready to move to Germany:)
Wow, congratulations! I found your blog through the grapevine, and it's so good to see you doing well. I can't believe you have two boys..ahhhh! When did we grow up? Well hope all is well with the baby, and you take care of yourself. Recovering from a c-section is hard work:)
Oh, and "Nuke"...how cute is that.
OH also tell, Emma to send me an invite to her private blog too. You're the best.
Congratulations you guys! I love all the pictures, I checked out your facebook pictures too. I hope you are recovering OK! Can't wait to meet Luke (so cute that Kurt calls him Nuke!)
Congratulations from the Seminarios! Your boys have GREAT names. Good luck with the fun adjustment to two little ones!
Post a Comment