Brandon had a pedagogy conference in Chicago so we all decided to tag along and play while he was busy learning.
Our first stop became the ER. After taking a nap at the hotel shortly after our arrival, we went down to the pool. There I noticed that Kurt had a dirty belly button. When I tried to clean it out, I discovered that it wasn't dirt, but a bug- burrowing in. Not wanting to attempt a removal, our only option (at 6pm) was the local ER. 4 hours later...the ER so slow...we were discharged and told to watch for syptoms of lime disease. What a way to start our trip - getting a tick in your hotel room!
They had a few areas really set up for little ones. This building was great for them. We went later in our day so they could get out of the stroller and run around and play. They could play with animal toys, design their own zoo, be a fish, explore some tunnels, do some crafts, "water" the plants in the greenhouse...They also had a do-it-yourself face paint station. Kurt started on his own, making himself a whale. I wasn't sure how to help make his face look like a whale, so it just stayed blue.
And he decided Luke needed to be a tiger. Mom did this painting though.



0 comments:
Post a Comment