April 2014

April 2014

4.08.2009

Easter Krispie-Eggs

I think I've realized that I'm obsessed with rice crispy treats. We make them all the time. But really, who doesn't love 'em? And they're so easy to do with the kids.
I can't take credit for this idea entirely - they have a commercial on TV where they make semi-oval shaped treats and dip them in chocolate. That seemed too messy and time consuming for us. So we separated out a bag of the fruity mini mallows (perfect colors and yummy flavors).
And made individual batches. I had to do some math to figure that part out, but my brain was able to function long enough for me to do so. Whew...
We used one egg shell for the mold (all greased up).
Fill one side, fill the other side
Squish it together And there you have them - our Easter Krispie Eggs
And for cute packaging, put them back into a plastic egg (after they've dried and destickified themselves a bit)

8 comments:

Smith's in Iowa said...

I'm going to try these tomorrow. My kids are always asking me to buy the colored marshmellows and I never do. Now I can and we can make a cute treat with them. Also a good VT treat:)
Thanks for the idea!!

Deanna said...

I will vouch for their deliciousness! We are so happy to be your friends! You need to come over and play with "Coby" sometime soon!!!

Laura Jansson said...

I love your idea! those turned out so cute--and the Cars cake was awesome, too! Nice work :)

Emma said...

i totally saw those commercials and thought i should do it... but i forgot about it. BLAST! good idea though... i have the mallows, but no treats to mix with them! :] haha! i'll have to try it though sometime... good work lins.

Hubers said...

We loved them!!!! Thank you!!!!

Jennifer Brammer said...

That's so cute! I love them! Great idea!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

super cute..i've seen that commercial and was actually planning on making them for easter but got to busy but my friend did and dipped them in white choc (my idea), great idea to grease a plastic egg though. i was worrried that by me shaping them they might not turn out so great and great idea to just use the colored mallows. are you guys coming up in may?

Chelsy said...

that is such a cute idea! Love it!