April 2014

April 2014

8.05.2008

Terrific Two!

Super yummy dinner... roast, potatoes, carrots, and delicious Iowa "Popcorn"
It was really fun to have family around to help us celebrate Kurt's first two years in our family.


He kept sticking his head in all the bags to see what was inside before he finally pulled it out.

Big Smiles for his trains. After he opened the train set, we could barely get him to focus on the rest of the presents (the trains). He plays with them night and day.

POEM from Papa (Bascom)

Zip-a-Dee-Dee, Zip-a-Dee-Do!
Someone there has just turned two!
I wonder who it could be.
I think it's a boy whom we all know,
Who simply continues to grow and grow
With a smile as big as the sea.

He likes to help as big brother,
And loves little Luke like no other.
He eats all the food he can see.
He runs to fetch the diapers
Or bring a big box of wipers,
And he gives all his hugs for free.

He is always helping mother
And he never is a bother,
He's as good as he can be.
He picks up his toys and book,
He shoots baskets and plays with trucks
On Sunday he's found in nursery.

So who do you think this little boy is,
Whose dad is proud that he is his,
Who loves to play in sand and dirt,
With golden hair and blue, blue eyes,
That match only the color of the skies?
It must be that noble boy, Kurt!

4 comments:

Emma said...

he is funny... love his face in the last picture!!

Hubers said...

Little boys and their trains. The expression says everything! I'm glad your family could be here on his birthday!

Elizabeth said...

Just found the blog....I'm a little slow at these things. We miss you guys, but looks like you are enjoying Iowa. I LOVE how the outfit turned out for the blessing (at least that it fit). Glad I got to see those pics. Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

too cute. happy birthday kiddo!