April 2014

April 2014

6.06.2010

The Big 3-0

Brandon didn't want any party or fun for his big birthday and I respected his wishes. I did make him a cake because you can't not have cake on your birthday, but it was just us. Yummy chilled lemon, lemon filled with lemon coolwhip-ish frosting. It was tangy :)
He was kind of grumpy at us at first (he doesn't like all the pictures)
until he saw the awesome presents we got him!
They know what's in this one...and have been waiting for TWO whole days for him to open it!
Luke couldn't even wait for him to open it by himself - he had to jump in and help
Then Kurt hopped in too
Smiles :) for new tracks
This looks posed, but I don't think it was
And his wish will come true!!
Happy Day Dad! You've been in our lives for 7 years and we've loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Oh, that cake looks amazing! Can I get that recipe from you? I LOVE anything lemony :)

LizzieB said...

It's just a lemon cake mix (I always use Pillsbury- they're the moistest) with lemon pie filling in between the layers. Then I made whipping cream, stirred in some cool-whip and a box of lemon jello (I may have added a drop of food coloring for color). Then made the lemon twirls for artistic effect.