April 2014

April 2014

5.09.2010

Mother's Day

It started off like any old Sunday, this guy full of smiles and silliness.
Then, that cute little mug had a meeting with this tough guy. I had no idea how much damage had occurred until I got out of the chapel. (We were able to exit before the screams erupted.) I looked down and saw blood all over my white sweater, his white shirt and brand new tie and then I kind of panicked. I asked a guy to run in and get Brandon and our friend Jaye come out (she's a nurse) to assess with me. Then, the other ward's Bishop's wife in an ER doc, so she came and checked him out and said that he would need stitches.
Here are the shots from the hospital. They weren't worried about his chin, but the inside of his lip had a pretty good gash in it. They gave him a shot to make him drowsy and not feel the pain. I tried to distract him when they did it so as soon as it happened he turned back to me with the saddest eyes- full of tears and confusion, "Why did you let them do that Mommy?" He cried for about 30 seconds, and then looked at me with more confusion as the crying and tears stopped and he just conked out. They had to put in 3 stitches. Most of the time they make them stay at the hospital until they wake up, but after an hour they told me I could take him home. They figured that the drugs coupled with the missed nap that he was just going to be out for a while.
Here he is after we got home. It took us 7 hours to wake him up after the drugs they gave him. He was still pretty tired at this point, but finally stayed awake for a couple of minutes.
You can see 2 of the stitches pretty good in this shot. Then on his teeth you can see the bit of gums that got sliced on one side and is just hanging out in there.
Here he is the morning after (5/10). All smiles again.
This one doesn't show the stitches very well (sorry) but you can see the flap of gums has turned black and is still hanging out.
2 days later (5/11)
I think all the stitches have fallen out now, maybe just a bit of one still surviving and the gum flap finally fell off
3 days later (5/12)
5 days later (5/15)
The outside is healed, with a little scaring
And minus the food in his teeth :) the hole is much better

0 comments: