April 2014

April 2014

4.06.2010

Blank Park Zoo

After we dropped Dad off at the airport I was trying to figure out what we could do for Luke's birthday even though we weren't actually going to celebrate it until Dad got home. The sun was shining in Iowa City, so I thought we'd head over and check out the zoo in Des Moines. The sun did not follow us there and were happy we didn't get rained on. And they had a fun time enjoying the animals.
They liked the waterfall
This bridge was exciting, and then scary, and then kind of exciting again
They like the big cats
This monkey watched us eat our lunch (I think he was secretly hoping we'd share)
This guy was our best entertainment of the day (and this is all he did...)
I always like the giraffes
Reminded me of Hoggle Zoo. This one talked and growled? (is that how you'd describe the sound a hippo makes?) at you when you took a drink so they didn't like it much at first. But after the picture they couldn't get enough of it.
"Jook at me Mama. Pink."
We all like the fish
They like to run

0 comments: