April 2014

April 2014

2.02.2009

Point Defiance Zoo

The one thing Kurt wanted to do in Washington was to go to the zoo (we don't have one very close to us right now). We almost didn't make it, but I was glad that we did.
They've remodeled since I was there last (which was a long time ago). This bear used to be up from the main entrance, but now is in the center of it all.

Look at the "Peatock" This one roams free (aparently) and even followed us outside when we were done. Kurt thought he was funny.
One of the elephants. We were there as they were getting ready to take her inside for the night. So we got to watch her have her shower, get her feet and nails scrubbed and eating a few snacks.
The walruses. These guys put on quite a show. They "arfed" or whatever you call their noise. They waved, they shot snot out their nose and they stood up for us and talked.

A few of Santa's reindeer
We even got to ride the merry-go-round a few times. They both really liked this part (which is also new to the zoo)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! I wondered where you guys had gone....!

Janessa said...

Glad you had a fun trip. Looks like you had a lot of fun. There's nothing quite like a good trip to the zoo. I wish we had a good one closer. If you ever get a chance to go to the zoo in Omaha, go for it. It is amazing!