Kurt has been waiting for Valentines Day for a month. He calls it "I love you" day. He's been counting down the days for a few weeks now. So I tried to make it special for him.
I started off the morning by making them a trail of kisses to follow down to the kitchen where breakfast was ready and waiting. After a bit of confusion, and some direction from Dad, Kurt followed the trail and found me waiting for him.
This was my first attempt at a special heart panacake
He was very excited. But it could have been that his milk was pink too...
I think attempt #2 turned out better
And I liked #3 the best. He must have too because he asked me for a trade in :)
Luke joined us a bit later. As you can see, he didn't just follow my trail of kisses, but he collected them all too. I couldn't figure out what was taking him so long to come down... but his little paws can only hold so much chocolate at a time. So he found a baggie in which to collect his loot. :)
After a handful of chocolate, he discovered his breakfast and was excited too
Even Dad got to join us for breakfast before heading off to work
After dropping Dad off, we snuck back in to decorate Dad's door
The top says:
Hey Big Hunk! We heard it through the Grapevine that you are an awesome Daddy! Thanks for making us Laffy. You are a Star!
(I know it's not very ingenious, but it was a last minute addition - Kurt remembered last year that we'd put candy on his door and wanted to do it again.)
Then we came home and had our special Valentines lunch (which they requested again today so it must have been good)
And thank you Papa Murphy for all your commercials. Kurt wanted nothing else but a heart pizza for dinner. I tried to make my own for him, but he wasn't fooled. :) He said, "Hmm. Looks pretty good Mom, but the shape isn't in a heart."
We finished off the night with an ice cream sundae - topped with all the candies we could think of



1 comments:
very cute and yummy looking!
Post a Comment